Germany makes it
Kuhnhackl scores late game-winner vs. Latvia
Published 04.09.2016 20:19 GMT+3 | Author
After missing out on Sochi 2014, the German men’s national team will return to the Olympics in PyeongChang 2018 after beating Latvia 3-2.
Third-place finish for Austria
Power play leads to 3-0 win vs. Japan
Published 04.09.2016 16:38 GMT+3 | Author
After a disappointing start with two clear losses Austria bounced back on the last day of play with a 3-0 blanking of winless Japan.
“We expect a tough fight”
Ehrhoff talks Olympics, NHL, Worlds on home ice
Published 04.09.2016 15:35 GMT+3 | Author
German defenceman Christian Ehrhoff is more than ready to protect his goalie in Riga, and his wallet.
- Vasiljevs knows Germany Haralds Vasiljevs has again become Latvia’s national coach after 14 years. Four Olympic cycles ago Latvia qualified for Salt Lake City 2002 with him.
- Latvia rewarded Latvia set up a final with Germany in the Final Olympic Qualification group in Riga winning the three points it wanted in a hard-fought 3-1 win against Japan.
- German streak continues Germany’s impressive streak continues at this year’s Final Olympic Qualification after a 6-0 win against Austria to set up a final on Sunday with Latvia.
- Back after 39 years Riga has become a popular spot on the European hockey map with international events every few years and a popular KHL team.
- Live from the Olympic Qualifiers For the first time ever, the Olympic Qualification phase is being streamed live on the Olympic Channel, taking ice hockey a step further onto the global stage.
- Outskated, outshot, outscored Latvia took first place in the standings on the opening day at the Final Olympic Qualification Group E on home ice in Riga after demolishing Austria, 8-1.
- German goal fest Germany had a good start into the Final Olympic Qualification by opening Group E in Riga with a 5-0 blanking of Japan.
- Hunt is on Ready, steady, go! The hunt is on for the last three remaining spots at the Olympic men’s ice hockey tournament in PyeongChang 2018.
- Fan favourite back home 31.08.2016 Girgensons eyes PyeongChang 2018 in Riga
- Vasiljevs new Latvian coach 31.08.2016 Beresnevs resigns before Olympic Qualification
- Busy summer for Rieder 31.08.2016 Olympic Qualification, World Cup, NHL on agenda
- Succession succeeded 31.08.2016 Tom Kuhnhackl follows into father’s footsteps
- Austria with Grabner, Raffl 31.08.2016 Two NHLers commit for Olympic Qualification
- Suhonen takes over 31.08.2016 Austria names new coaching duo
- Groups OQ 31.08.2016 Japan advances to Riga
- Olympic Qualification set 31.08.2016 Belarus, Latvia, Norway host final events